Educational Aide Requirements Instructional Aide
Educational aides / instructional paraprofessionals must meet pre-employment requirements for Title I schools to satisfy the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
• 19 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Good moral character and clear criminal record
- 48 college credit hours or
- Associates degree or higher or
- Treasuring Our Paraprofessionals certificate (A five-day workshop to meet ESSA requirements for highly effective paraprofessionals. Workshop is offered at Region 20 course offerings)
- Educational Aide Certificate through Texas Education Agency (Create a TEA Login account and apply for certification within the TEA website )
ECISD Title I schools are: Harmony Elementary, Highland Forest Elementary, Pecan Valley Elementary, Sinclair Elementary, Tradition Elementary, Oak Crest Elementary, Salado Elementary, Heritage Middle School, and Legacy Middle School.