MEDICAL COVERAGE & CareATC Clinic Information
UNIVERSAL BENEFITS CONSORTIUM (UBC) CIGNA MEDICAL PLAN INFORMATION
Effective 9/1/22, the East Central ISD will only provide medical coverage to employees through the UBC Cigna Plans. The plan is a self-funded plan that offers enhanced benefits at lower-cost premiums and utilizes the Cigna Open Access Plus Network as well as access to the CareATC Health and Wellness Center for free. In addition, members can choose primary care or specialist care from within the Cigna Open Access Plus network. Sometimes, members may experience a need for medical care from an urgent care facility or emergency room. Please review the information below regarding access to care.
Read the 2023-2024 rates and plan highlights. For the 2023-2024 plan year, employees employed as of May 31st and complete a Personal Health Assessment by July 31st are eligible for a discount of premiums beginning 9/1/23. Read this flyer and schedule today.
THE HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER: CareATC located at 4243 East Southcross, Blvd., San Antonio, TX 78222. (suite 202)
The East Central Health and wellness provider is CareATC. The primary location for ECISD employees and covered dependents is located at 4243 East Southcross Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78222, but members also have access to virtual or in-person appointments at various CareATC locations throughout the country. The primary medical physician is Dr. Svetlana Megley Hill. Dr. Hill earned a Doctorate of Medicine from Chervnivtsi Institute of Medicine IN Chervnivsti, Ukraine. She completed two Residency Programs: Bukovinian State Medical Academy Obstetrics and Gynecology and University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Family Medicine.
- The CareATC Health and Wellness Center is accessible to employees and dependents enrolled in the plan and provides the following services:
- Free well visits/primary care
- Free sick Visits
- Free Flu Shots while supplies last
- Free Flue and Covid testing
- Free routine lab work
- Referrals to specialists if necessary
- Performing certain minor procedures such as skin tag removals, minor sutures, etc.
- Hours of operation:
- The clinic is open Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Beginning August 7, 2023, the hours of operation will change as follows:
- Mondays and Fridays from 7:00-4:00
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:00-5:00
- The clinic closes daily from 12:00-1:00 for lunch.
- Virtual appointments are available Monday - Friday from 8:00-5:00 and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The CareATC Health and Wellness Center is closed in observance of Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Memorial Day and the 4th of July.
- Three options are available for scheduling appointments:
- Schedule online at careatc.com/patients
- Electronically via the app. We encourage all employees and dependents over the age of 18 to register their account online and download the app to schedule appointments, manage forms, access health information and more.
- Call 1-800-993-8244. Appointments can always be scheduled over the phone even if you have downloaded the app.
- Please note: If you are trying to schedule a sick visit and do not see any appointments available, please contact 1-800-993-8244 for scheduling options.
- Learn more information about scheduling your first visit.
- Scheduling a visit COVID screening information.
CIGNA OPEN ACCESS PLUS NETWORK PROVIDERS: In addition to accessing care through the Health and Wellness Center, employees also have the option to seek medical care with providers in the Cigna Open Access Plus Network. When visiting a provider, we highly recommend members and dependents verify whether the provider is in-network or out-of-network! Search for providers here. When searching, please make sure to select the Cigna Open Access Plus Network. Once search results are displayed, you can scroll through names or reference the map with pinned locations.
ACCESS TO CARE AFTER HOURS: The need to access medical care doesn't always conveniently occur during normal business hours. If you need to access care outside of the Care ATC Health and Wellness Hours or your primary care physician hours, it's important to know how to find a provider for your treatment. Doing a little research in advance could save you money. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Please click here to see information on the types of after hour care including Well Via Telemedicine (free to all ECISD and their depenents), urgent care centers, hospital ERs and free standing emergency rooms.
COVID TESTING: CVS, Walgreens, and the City of SA have free or low-cost options for COVID testing. In addition, many urgent care facilities offer COVID testing as well. Please refer to this list to view information and links to the CVS, Walgreens and City of SA testing information along with a few local urgent care facilities that are in the Cigna Open Access Plus network for the UBC Cigna Plans and whose websites advertise COVID testing.