TRS ActiveCare is the healthcare coverage for eligible East Central ISD employees. The plan year runs from September 1 through August 31 each year and enrollment in these plans is available as outlined below.
- Current employees may enroll or make changes annually during the annual open enrollment period. For the 2018-2019 plan year, rates and plan highlights were released April 23, 2018 and are now posted on the right of this page. Open enrollment will take place during the summer of 2018 from July 10 through August 24, 2018.
- Current employees experiencing a life event for the current 2017-2018 plan year may enroll or make changes within 30 days of the qualifying event - please contact the ECISD Benefits Department at 210-648-7861 to make changes.
- New employees must enroll within 30 days of the date of hire. Click here to access the online enrollment portal for both TRS ActiveCare and supplemental benefits.
Already a TRS ActiveCare plan member or considering enrolling in or making changes to a plan? Visit the TRS ActiveCare Aetna website for valuable information, including:
- Finding a Doctor or Facility
- Alex - the online tool to help you choose the plan that's right for you
- Obtain a temporary ID card
- Live Healthy America Wellness Information
- Teladoc - 24/7
- Having a Baby? See the Beginning Right Maternity Program
- CVS Caremark - Prescription Drug Program
- Learn more information about the High Deductible Plan Enhanced Generic Preventative Drug Coverage