Site-Based Decision Making Committee
- Introduction -of all members and introduction of committee members and their business focus. Also discussed CIS new addition to our campus. Our goals for CIS are attendance, attendance, and families needs. As of yesterday 11/1/21 we are lifting some COVID restrictions.
- Definition of Site Based -Went over the definition, spoke about Title 1.
- Review Minutes (4-15-21) -Committee reviewed the minutes from the last site-based meeting. No changes or revisions were made.
- Salado Information
- Vision, Mission, Beliefs -We are two Academies that have come together to have a culture of diverse multicultural leaders that contribute to the global community as successful leaders.
- Salado Staff -We have made some adjustments to our staff based on staff shifts. We have an addition to our staff, our Title 1 Instructional Assistant, Jacqueline Gomez. She was a prior student in the dual language program.
- Salado Student Numbers -The number of students is projected to stay around 660 and a bond is up for a vote.
- 21-22 District Calendar -Calendar is provided for all to see for the year.
- 21-22 Salado Map -LA is for Leadership Academy and DL is for Dual Language.
- 21-22 Salado Important Dates -We should target the 12th of November as something interesting such as pajamas. We can come up with other ideas. Remember attendance matters.
- Free/Reduced-Percentages -The whole district is currently participating in free meals. This is based on family income which was identified by the family income survey.
- - PK-8 Family Income Survey -This is very crucial for our free and reduced meals and for certain positions such as academic facilitator.
- - STAAR for 2020-2021 - No Rating -Went over result for STAAR results across our campus and both academies were combined in one report.
- Salado Budget -The maximum amount $62,820.00 to run the school, this does not include salaries. Monies have been transferred to the PE budget for recess equipment. As about reappropriate attendance monies for technology. Also, the budget for clubs Triana will send email to Rokas. Mr. Castro is inquiring about taking DL students into the Lackland Quest.. Mr. Castro will be looking into soccer nets for outdoor play.
- CIA Budgets
- 21-22 Salado PD Plan -Everything that will be taking place as far as teachers professional development.
- CG Plan (CIP)
- Annual Results Measure As a campus not only meet their goal, but surpass their goal. Teachers need to pick a foundational TEK and work in order to improve their craft to reach this goal. Every item purchased by funds needs to be bar coded and tracked.
- Improvement Plan This is the plan that we work on to reach our goals to improve our students.
- Raise Your Hand Texas - Blended Learning Grant 21-22
- Salado Parent Involvement Policy Went over
- PTA -They are in the process of beginning again, the board has been formed and was voted in on November 28th.
VI.Questions/Suggestions for Topics/Closing
- Next Meeting on 12/6/21, 2/15/22, & 4/19/22
2021-2022 Site Based Members
Teresa Triana Principal
Patricia Merlos Assistant Principal
Denise Segura Academic Facilitator
Elmer Castro Teacher
Rumanna Kilgore Teacher
Anne Treadwell Teacher
Maria Salan Teacher
Meredith Rokas District Representative (Director of Purchasing and Child Nutrition)
Mark Alvarado Student
Matthew Alvarado Student
Juana Alvarado Parent
Jennifer Houlgin Parent
Sylvia Enriquez Community Member
Marsha Walls Community Member
Gabriela Estrada Business Representative (La Perla)
Christopher Trevino Business Representative (DentaQuest)