McKinney-Vento Homeless Program
Rights of Homeless StudentsHomeless students and their families need to know:
- Homeless children have a right to attend school.
- You do not need a permanent address to enroll your child in school.
- Homeless children have the right to stay in their home school if the parent chooses.
- Your child cannot be denied school enrollment just because school records or other enrollment documentation are not immediately available.
- Your child has the right to transportation services to and from the school of origin.
- Your child has the right to participate in extracurricular activities and all federal, state, or local programs for which he/she is eligible.
Office of Social ServicesStudent Services Center7395 FM 1628San Antonio, Texas 78263Phone (210) 649-4216Fax (210) 649-1437