Pre-K Registration for 2023-2024
All children who are four years of age on or before September 1, 2023 AND live in East Central ISD are eligible for free Pre-K!
- Registration opens on February 1, 2023 and will be conducted online through the ParentPortal platform.
- Before the registration process can begin, parents/guardians must create a ParentPortal account on the ECISD ParentPortal site.
- After logging into the ECISD ParentPortal, parents/guardians will complete the registration process to include the following:
- All online registration forms must be completed.
- All required documents must be uploaded to the ParentPortal.
- Applications submitted without complete registration forms and/or required documents will not be approved and parents/guardians will be notified that the registration process is incomplete. (For a complete list of required documents, see "What are the Steps to Register for Pre-Kindergarten?" below.)
Schools of Choice
East Central ISD offers unique programs and opportunities for your child’s education. If you are interested in enrolling your child in a school of choice, please click here to review the options and select the campus that would be the best fit for your student. Your information will be shared with the selected campus and a staff member will reach out to you with more information.
Questions? Please click HERE to submit a question. An East Central ISD staff member will get in touch with you.
Para español, haga clic en el icono A en la parte superior derecha junto al icono de la lupa. En el menú desplegable, en Seleccionar idioma, elija Español. Esta página web se actualizará y traducirá al español.
How to Register for Pre-K
Parents/Guardians will need to create an account at the ECISD ParentPortal before beginning the registration process.
Click HERE to access step-by-step instructions on how to create a ParentPortal account and enroll a new student.
Log into ParentPortal and click Enroll New Student. All registration forms must be completed.
Applications will not be accepted unless all forms are completed.
Parents/Guardians must also upload the following required documents to the ParentPortal:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Valid picture ID of the parent/guardian enrolling the student
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Proof of residence (recent electric bill, current lease agreement or HOST form) Note: "Recent" means the document must be dated within 45 days
- Child’s Shot Record
- Proof of income dated February 1 or later (check stub or print out)
While East Central ISD has committed to offering free Pre-K to ALL four-year-olds who live in the district, the state of Texas requires all school districts to identify and report to the state all students who would have met state qualifications for free Pre-K.
For this reason, parents/guardians are asked if their child has any qualifying criteria from the list HERE and must upload the required documentation along with the required standard registration documents.
Applications will not be accepted unless all required documents are uploaded.