While registration on TxConnect has paused, new student, returning student and pre-k registration can still be completed by downloading the packet (see below) and giving the completed packet to your school's front office or they can be emailed as well (click here for a list of registration email contacts by campus). Online registration will resume later this summer after we have upgraded to ASCENDER Parent Portal.
You can also register in-person on the following dates:
Elementary Schools and Middle Schools:
July 27 from 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. * July 28 from 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
All children who are four years of age on or before September 1 AND live in the District are eligible for Pre-K at no cost.
Click a button below to complete the Pre-K Application packet (available in English and Spanish). Please note that at this time applications and required documents must be emailed or dropped off at the school. If you have questions about the application or need a paper copy, contact the main office at the school you are requesting. To see a list of schools and phone numbers, click HERE.
See "What Are the Steps to Apply for Pre-K?" below for step-by-step instructions.
All children who are four years of age on or before September 1, 2021, AND live in the District are eligible for enrollment at no cost.
Determine if your child has any qualifying criteria from the list below. You MUST provide the required documents.
- SNAP, TANF or Medicaid.
- Military-child of an active member or reserve component of the armed forces of the United States including the state military forces or the parent was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Texas Department of Family Protective Services - Has ever been in the Conservatorship of the TX Dept of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing. Includes Foster Care and Adoption.
- Star of Texas Award.
- Be identified as an English Learner (If the student scores below the level designated for English proficiency, the student is identified as EL) based on the State-approved English language proficiency test.
- Income. (You will list all household members, including the student, on the Application.)
Click a link below and complete the Pre-K Application packet (available in English and Spanish).
- Click HERE for the Pre-K Application packet in English.
- Click HERE for the Pre-K Application packet in Spanish.
Note: If you aren't able to print the application, please contact the campus your child will attend in order to request a paper copy. You can find the school your child will attend by using the ECISD Bus Routes webpage. You will enter your house number and street name, and select Pre-K from the drop-down menu.
Email your completed Pre-K Application packet AND copies of the following documents to the school your child will attend. To see the list of email addresses for each school, click HERE. If you are unable to email the packet/documents, contact the school and make arrangements to drop off the materials. To see the list of phone numbers for each school, click HERE.
- Child’s birth certificate.
- Picture ID of the parent/guardian enrolling the student.
- Proof of income dated Feb. 1 or later (check stub or print out).
- Child’s Social Security Card.
- Child’s Shot Record.
- Proof of residence (recent electric bill, current lease agreement or host form). Note: "Recent" means the document must be dated within 45 days.