Returning student registration
Returning Student Registration for the 2021-2022 school year begins April 1. Registration is done online using the TxConnect Parent Portal. Note: In order to register online, the school must have the same email address that you use for the TxConnect Parent Portal (Grade Portal). Click here to update your email.
If you need help with your TXConnect Portal ID, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/EnpV9jT4XTZh3h89A
Para español, haga clic en el icono A en la parte superior derecha junto al icono de la lupa. En el menú desplegable, en Seleccionar idioma, elija Español. Esta página web se actualizará y traducirá al español.
Even though it's online, you will still need to upload photos of:
- Driver's license
- Proof of residency – Most recent electric bill or lease agreement (address must match Photo ID/Driver’s License).
In order to register online, the school must have the same email address that you use for the txConnect Parent Portal (Grade Portal). Your email must be the same in both places. Click here to update your email.
For detailed information including photos, go to Helpful Links to Download portion on this page.
- Log into txConnect: https://txconnpa.esc20.net:444/PAECTL/Login.aspx. Note: If you are a NEW txConnect user, you will need to create an account. If you need to create a new account, click the link, "If you need to create an account, click here."
- Once you are logged into txConnect (Parent Portal) you will see popup box giving you directions for Returning Registration: You have two choices: close the box at the top right-hand corner or click the “Do not Show this Again”.
- Next, you will select the “2021-2022" Registration button under the student's name located on the left-hand side of the page.
- You are ready to begin the Returning Student Registration process.
- If you have multiple children, select the appropriate child under Selected Student and click the Start Registration button.
- You will see your child’s data, which is held in our student information system. If you need to make an update to any data for your child, select the Edit box next to the change to be made. The Edit box will open for update allowing you to enter the new data.
- When you have scrolled through the entire page and are complete (with or without updates), select the Next button. By selecting the Next button, you are confirming that everything on this page is correct including any updates. This will also allow you to access the forms to complete.
- Please respond to the questions on all of the forms. As you go through each form, select the Next button to confirm until Finished.
- Once you are finished, you will receive a Print Confirmation button. The message will read, "You have registered your child with the current grade level and current school name." If your child will be attending a different school next year, the information will be moved to the new school when our District moves into the 2021-2022 school year. (Example: A current 8th-grade student will be moving to high school for next year).
- You can register additional children or close txConnect to exit.
Please see responses to the Frequently Asked Questions below.
What if I do not have an account with txConnect (parent portal)?
Log into txConnect using this link: https://txconnpa.esc20.net:444/PAECTL/Login.aspx. Under New txConnect User, click the Here link to begin creating your account.
What if I cannot remember my password to my account with txConnect (parent portal)?
Log into txConnect using this link: https://txconnpa.esc20.net:444/PAECTL/Login.aspx Under Forget you User Name/Password?, click the Here link to begin. You will respond to a Hint Question in order to reset your password.
What if I do not want to see the Online Registration (2021-22) in Progress every time I log into txConnect (Parent Portal)?
Click the box in the lower right-hand corner to not see this message again.
What if the 2021-22 Registration button is missing?
Go to the My Account page and see the email you used for this account. It must match the same email you provided the school either through Registration or by filling out the form “Parent/Contact Email Form, using www.ecisd.net.
If your email does not match, go to www.ecisd.net and select the Update your Email for Online Registration and provide us the email address you used for txConnect (Parent Portal). Your child’s school will update their email address in our student software system.
Is my child’s data instantly updated?
No, this is not an instant update. We have many students to Register and we will need time to have your child’s information updated in our student records.
What if I received an email stating my change was rejected?
Log into txConnect (Parent Portal), go to your child’s registration page and you will see a message as to why it has been rejected. In most cases, the rejection would be needing a verification document. For instance, an address change will require a copy of the CPS bill.
What if the 2021-22 Registration button is missing and I am using my cell phone?
The Online Registration program is intended for parents to register using a personal computer, mac, laptop and/or tablet. While it may work on some cell phones, it will not work on most cell phones. Please use a personal computer, mac, laptop and/or tablet to register your child.
If you need additional information, please see the links below. Several include photos.