Welcome to Math 2! We love math, and our hope is that you love it too. Please read the information below with your parent/guardian.
- Be in your assigned seat, prepared and working on the bell ringer, when the tardy bell rings.
- Keep all notes and examples in your notebook. Keep your notebook organized.
- All math work must be completed in pencil. All steps and work must be shown to receive credit on all assignments. Any work completed in ink will be redone in pencil to receive credit.
- All assignments are expected to be completed and turned in by the due date.
- If you are absent, the assignment must be done within three days. It is the student’s responsibility to collect make-up work and/or missing assignments from their teacher.
- All missing assignments must be turned in 5 school days prior to Campus Progress Reports and Report Cards.
You will need the following supplies for math class:
- 1 composition notebook (not a spiral notebook)
- 4 glue sticks (kept in binder)
- 3 packages of 3x3 Post-it Notes
- 1 set of earbuds (for use on computer)
- pencils to last the school year, a good eraser, and 2 grading pens (any color except black)
It is the student’s responsibility to have their math notebook, 2 sharpened pencils, a good eraser, a glue stick, a grading pen (any color except black) and ear buds when they come to class.
Math 2 will be following the District’s Standards Based Grading Policy. Grades will be updated upon completion of skill sets. Please check your child’s grades often. Parents can access student’s grades by signing up on txConnect. (https://txconnpa.esc20.net:444/PAECTL/Login.aspx). If you have any concerns, please contact your child’s math teacher by calling the school or email. Teacher email addresses are provided at the top of this syllabus.
Homework will be assigned on a weekly basis. It will be given to your student on Monday and will be due on Friday. Students are also required to use their interactive notebooks as a regular study tool. These notebooks are to be kept with the student and taken home daily for review.
Tutoring is available to all students according to the teacher’s schedule which will be provided by the individual teacher.
Unit assessments and quizzes will be assigned throughout each unit to assess for mastery of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
Campus Cell Phone Policy
“The district permits students to possess personal mobile telephones; however, during instructional time, they should remain turned off and only be utilized for instructional purposes, and be turned off during all testing. If a student uses a telecommunications device without authorization during the school day, the
device will be confiscated. The parent may pick up the confiscated telecommunications device
from the campus administrative office for a fee of $15.” -ECISD District Parent & Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
Please contact your child’s math teacher with any questions or concerns that may arise throughout the school year. Your child’s teacher will have a Remind account set up for their class and we highly encourage you to sign up. This is a great way to contact the teacher immediately. More information and a class code will be sent home with your child. In addition, emails, phone calls, or notes can also be used to contact your child’s teacher.
Send a text message to 81010
2nd Period: @2ndpdmathi
4th Period: @4thpdmathi
7th Period: @fh462a
8th Period: @8thpdmathi
We are looking forward to a great year at Legacy Middle School. Thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your child’s teacher or call the school to schedule a conference with your child’s teacher.