Library Vision Statement
Provide learning environment that supports future ready students and staff who are effective users of ideas and information.
District Mission Statement
Together, we will customize learning experiences so that every student is continuously challenged to advance their knowledge and ability in every classroom, in every school, everyday.
School Library Program Mission Statement
East Central librarians embrace the belief that all librarians are teachers and teachers are leaders. Therefore the mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective and responsible users of ideas and information.
This mission is accomplished:
by providing access to material in various formats:
by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing and using information and
by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
1. To provide a cirriculum-based library program that supports three major curriculum components.
- Independent student research
- Literature appreciation
- Instruction that supports classroom content and instructional strategies.
These three components stand on the foundation of an open access schedule that lets members of the learning community use library resources at point of need.
2. To provide access to information through:
- A careful selected and systematically organized local collection of diverse learning resources that represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty, and formats;
- a systematic procedure for acquiring information and materials from outside the library media center and the school through such mechanisms as electronic networks, interlibrary loan, and cooperative agreements with other information agencies; and
- instruction in a using range of resources for accessing local and remote information in any format
3. To provide a facility that functions as the information center of the school and community and is a place for integrated, interdisciplinary, inter-grade learning activities for all stakeholders.
4. To provide resources and learning activities that represent a diversity of experiences, opinions, social and cultural perspectives,supporting the concept that intellectual freedom and access to information are prerequisite to effective and responsible citizenship in a democracy.