All applicants must:
- Be 19 years of age for substitute positions at the elementary, intermediate and middle school level.
- Be 21 years of age for substitute positions at the high school.
- Complete and submit online application.
- Notify personnel department of submitted application at (210) 648-7861 ext. 105.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience related to working with students
- Desire to work with students
- Must perform duties with minimum of supervision
- If selected for an interview, must provide an official college or high school transcript. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope.
- If offered a position, you will be required to pay a non-refundable fee to submit a fingerprint supported criminal background check and attend a substitute training.
- A substitute is considered an "at-will employee" and as such has no contractual relationship with the district.
Pay ScaleCertified Substitute Teacher - $110.00 per day
Degreed Substitute Teacher (Bachelors and above) - $100.00 per day
Non-Degreed/Non-Certified Substitute Teacher - $90.00 per day
Degreed or Non-Degreed Substitute for Paraprofessionals - $80.00 per day
Specialized Support Paraprofessionals (PBSI, Special Ed. Life Skills/Redirection Unit)
Long-Term Substitutes for Teachers (A sub who works for 20 or more days for a teacher on approved leave.)
- Non-degreed $90.00 per day
- Degreed (Bachelors and above) $100.00 per day
- Teacher Certified $110.00 per day
- Non Degreed - $90.00 per day
- Degreed - $110.00 per day
- Certified - $115.00 per day
Long-Term Substitutes for Paraprofessionals
- Regular Classroom Paraprofessional - $85.00 per day
Long-Term Substitute for PBSI, Life Skills or Redirection Paraprofessional
Non-Degreed Substitute - $100.00 per day
Degreed Substitute - $115.00 per day
Teacher Certified Substitute - $125.00 per day