School Health Advisory Council Minutes
What is a SHAC?
East Central ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is a group of individuals representing segments of the community (ECISD parents, students, school personnel, and other community members), that provide advice to the district on coordinated school health programming and its impact on students, families and learning.
Every independent school system is required by law to have a School Health Advisory Council; of which the majority of members must be parents who are not employed by the school district. Title 2, Chapter 28, Section 28.004 of the Texas Education Code at http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/ED/htm/ED.28.htm#28.004p details the specifics of this mandate.What is included in the SHAC program?
· Family and community involvement
· Nutrition services
· Physical education
· Health education
· Health services
· Healthy school environment
For more information, please contact:
Director of Personnel & Health Services
SHAC meetings for 2017-2018 school year:
- SHAC Meeting September 28, 2017 Technology Building (next to Heritage MS)
- SHAC Meeting December 7, 2017 Salado Intermediate School (Cafeteria)
- SHAC Meeting February 1, 2018 John Glenn Elementary School (Cafeteria)
- SHAC Meeting May 3, 2018 EC High School (Game Gym Foyer)
East Central ISD Board Policies
· ECISD Student Welfare: Wellness and Health Services: FFA (Local)
· ECISD Student Welfare: Wellness and Health Services: FFA (Legal)