Energy ManagementThe combination of the State budget cuts and the continued rising operating cost is requiring us to alter the way we view and use our energy resources. As a result, the District has taken a proactive approach toward energy reduction by teaming up with Cenergistic in the implementation of a energy conservation program. Cenergistic is the nation's leader in developing comprehensive and sustainable energy programs that assists in analyzing our utility bills and providing feedback through their energy reports.
MissionAs a team, collectively work together to reduce energy consumption, develop sustainable behavioral change and maintain an environment that is conducive to learning.
How is the District BenefitingThe conservation program was implemented in April 2013. The District has reduced energy consumption by 25.5% for a savings of $1,743,845.00 in cost avoidance. In addition, the District has saved $163,953.00 in energy rebates and refunds from utility companies. These savings will go directly back to our schools to help purchase educational materials.
Julio AlonzoEnergy Specialist
- Work with school staff to ensure efficient use facilities
- Audit buildings to ensure proper functioning of mechanical equipment and track building usage patterns
- Track and analyze energy consumption for every building
- Monitor billing cycles from utility providers
- Monitor building conditions that help ensure quality learning environments
- Generate reports on energy usage and utility budget impact